SDG Booster: Education
Welcome to the digital SDG Booster workshop, focusing on education, on the 6th of November 2020. The event focuses on vocational education and global citizenship projects between Finland and East-African countries. The SDG Booster brings together Finnish and international companies, civil society actors, educational institutions, decision makers, financiers, and support services to discuss and develop projects together.
The aim of the event is to produce joint projects between East-African and Finnish participants and to lay the groundwork for meaningful discussions between new potential partners following the event. The event also aims to showcase existing funding and other required services and provide participants relevant contact details.
This SDG Booster event is organized by Business Finland, UN Technology and Innovation Labs (UNTIL), Education Finland, Finnpartnership and Fingo in cooperation with Finnish Embassies in East-Africa. To help understand the concept, we’ve created a short video to explain the goal of the SDG Booster.
The Finnish companies and organizations attending the event have already come together in two workshops this autumn to find out what kinds of discussions Finns could open with East-African partners. Virtual ”innovation tents” have been formed for this purpose on the digital platform Miro, which will be used in the SDG Booster fi nal event on 6 November 2020.
1) We would like to invite you to discuss at least the following topics in the innovation tents:
• Teachers and digital skills
• Teachers and schools as channels of digital skills to students
• Education for people with disabilities
• Educational questions in Somalia
• Lifting the status of vocational training
• Specific topic: surface fi nishing as a vocational skill
2) We also invite you to present your organisation/company to all participants in two PowerPoint slides, which will be exhibited at the exhibition area of the event platform. It is very important that all participants have prepared these slides beforehand to present what kind of partnership they are looking for.
Event time: 6 November 2020, 9:00-12:15 (Finnish time)
Register to the event by e-mail: email@example.com
Upon registration, please provide your contact information as well as names and contact details of all of your colleagues taking part in the event. The deadline for registration is 26th October 2020.
More detailed instructions will be sent to those registered to the event.We welcome you to take part in this new and innovative event!
Please see the invitation for the event.