ABC for non-profit board (web)
You are entitled to a discount of 25 % if you are unemployed, on a long furlough, immigrant, student, pensioner or a member of one of Educational Center Visio’s member associations.
Being in a board of a non-profit organisation is probably both harder and easier than you might think. An organisation must have its paperwork in order to be able to get funding and to work effectively. These routines form the base on which the organisation can build its activities. When administration is in order, the organisation can focus on fulfilling its vision and mission – in other words, do the work it was made to do.
- What is a non-profit organisation? Why does your non-profit exist?
- What regulates the activities: laws, rules etc.
- Why administration is important: it effects funding and other decisions.
- Roles and positions in a non-profit
- Different kinds of meetings in a non-profit
- Basics of financial administration: who is in the charge of what? What kind of tasks have to be made each year and how to plan them? What is the difference between project funding and other kinds of funding? Operating grants: how to get them and how to monitor them?
Non-profit board members and other active members
Non-profit professional and blogger, MA Jenni Kallionsivu. Jenni Kallionsivu is active in several non-profits, both as an executive director, member of board and as a volunteer. She blogs about non-profits (in Finnish) in www.jennikallionsivu.fi
Tuesday 3.11.2020 18:00-20:00 and Tuesday 10.11.2020 18:00-20:00.
Online course platform
The course is organized using Google Meet. Further information is sent to participants preceding the course.